flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Reviving AS3-Commons
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 15:23:53 GMT
Hi guys,

today I wanted to get dirty again and started importing the SVN dump os AS3-commons provided
by google-code and managed to import that into a clean GIT repo, while keeping the commit
history in tact.

After finishing this, I worked on updating the configuration:

- Updated the version of all modules to 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

- Updated all Flex dependencies to Apache Flex 4.15.0

- Updated all Flash dependencies to 20.0

- Updated all Air dependencies to 20.0

- Updated to Apache Flexunit 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT

- Updated to Flexmojos 7.1.0

Right now both the code and the tests compile without errors. The tests will probably not
run at the moment. And you currently will need to manually provide quite a set of third party

The next steps needed will be:

- Get the tests to pass

- Try to get the third party dependencies to maven central

- Sort out any licensing stuff.

I did get in contact with the maintainer of AS3 commons and he is delighted that we would
like to continue the project and he doesn't have any objections to us including as3-commons
to Apache Flex, but I guess we would have to do some legal housekeeping before doing that.

Right now I added a repo to my Github account and it's available at:

<https://github.com/chrisdutz/as3-commons>So feel free to play with it.