flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: [Website] Progress on the Website-Generation topic
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 09:18:23 GMT
Ok picking up this thread again ...

Well I think that allowing non-comitters to contribute to the page is a pretty slim benefit.
I couldn't say that we have used that even for a single time in the past. And I think it would
be good not to allow this in general. At least I couldn't find a way to release only parts
of the site, so it's an all or nothing. And I also couldn't see any "this has changed" so
you would actually have to verify the entire page just to make sure no one pushed anything
bad. So I think it's a good thing that non-comitters can't contribute to the site. This way
we also don't have to worry about signed ICLAs and so.

Today I have continued on the new maven-style site and added stuff that was obviously missing:
pmc_Flex.rdf, doap_Flex.rdf (don't quite know what they are good for ... looks as if this
is some internal stuff for the ASF to gather information about it's own projects) ... at least
that's in now.

What's still missing is some installer-related stuff. I can see:

- track-installer.cmsPage,

- all the single-mirror pages

- sdk-installer-config xmls

I would assume the stuff in the sub-directory would actually come from sub-projects.

One thing I couldn't find in the codebase however was the footer of each page containing the
Twitter feed, the latest releases, the about flex text and how to subscribe to mailinglists.
I couldn't find this content anywhere :-(

And I would like to state that I didn't expect this to be a race in which the first one wins.
If there are other initiatives to generating the site in git, why not simply setup a separate
branch and put that stuff in there? I could change the buildbot job to push to "asf-site-maven"
and different solutions could co-exist. All that I want, is the ability to produce the sites
of sub-modules such as FlexJS (and it's part) automatically.