flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [DISCUSS] Switch the site repo to GIT?
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2016 13:08:53 GMT
Ok so it turns out that as long as we use the Apache CMS we can't change to GIT. Guess this
was the reason for still being on GIT.

I have no idea what we really need the CMS for, but as long as we need this, we seem to be
stuck there :-(

Von: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. September 2016 18:56:39
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [DISCUSS] Switch the site repo to GIT?

On 9/29/16, 1:43 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>as you might know I have been working hard on the site-generation and
>this finally seems to be working nicely. The only problem I have is that
>I can't submit to the site repo from the Build agent as SVN isn't setup
>to allow that. Git however is able to commit without hard-coding
>credentials. Infra suggested to move our site to GIT to resolve this
>I was wondering anyway why this is our only SVN repo. Wouldn't it be cool
>to have everything in one type of repo?

The fact our web site is on SVN isn't a big deal to me, but what is a big
deal is 99% of the time I find the two-step staging/publish workflow
really painful.  Related, there is currently no way for the MD5 checker on
the CI server to update the website automatically.  If moving to Git gets
us out of that, I'd be for it.  Can you provide more info on how folks do
staging when working on big overhauls and why Git doesn't have this
credential issue?