flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [FlexJS] Optimizing the maven build ... success ...
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 19:37:19 GMT
Hi,

the last few days I invested quite some time in optimizing the compilation for Maven.

So far the compile-times for the entire framework part including all examples has dropped
from 17:38 to 3:10 minutes.
And the build time of the Charts examle has dropped from 46,7 to 6,5 seconds.

As the change will not have any effect on non JS compilation, the speedup is demonstrated
in the example builds. So it seems that my changes reduced the build time by more than 90%
... I could say that I’m quite sattisfied with that ;-)

I achieved this by introducing a white-list of which closure files to use (I inherited that
from the frameworks download.xml). Additionally I not only dump the remaining files to disk,
I also directly pass the content into the compiler.
I did notice, that I will probably do some further cleaning up in the MXMLFlexJSPublisher
and associated classes.

My changes are in the feature-autobuild/closure-classpath-sources branch.

Chris