flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Links, ToggleSwitch and Image Questions
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:59:34 GMT
The purpose of the Mobile project was to provide code that works mainly
with either Cordova or AIR. Some components were meant to mimic iOS or
Android (which I am not familiar with at all) such as the Stacked and
Tabbed view navigators. Other components are typically found on mobile
devices and might have native equivalents. Some of the components could
probably live in the general population.

We don't have a link button yet, so that would still need to be done.

I think Alex would be best to address the image issues.

On 10/26/16, 10:19 AM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos
Rovira" <carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org>

>I feel making progress with MDL and in order to continue my journey I want
>to ask some things:
>1.- Is there some FlexJS component to make a simple link? (<a href="...)
>if not what's the approach in the normal component set?
>2.- I saw there's a component ToggleSwitch but is not in HTML.swc is part
>of Mobile.swc. I want to know more about this package since I understand
>there's some controls suited for mobile like a DateSpinner but
>a Switch is a control present on Mobile and desktop. So what's the purpose
>of Mobile.swc? is a library for mobile controls that support touch events?
>or is something more?
>(btw, there's a Switch component in MDL, but I see it more like a other
>version of CheckBox, so I'm deciding if make it extend from CheckBox or
>from ToggleSwitch...)
>3.- I start to need manage images (jpg, png,...) but I'm a bit lost with
>this in general, there's some documentation about image management in
>FlexJS? I see there's a js:Image component, but I think my needs are more
>related to how use images vía CSS, and manage width, height, positioning,
>and other kind of image presentation options.
>Thanks in advance for your help
>Carlos Rovira

View raw message