flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] enabled property
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:11:48 GMT
On 10/18/16, 5:06 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>The purpose is to remove all Flash APIs from Flex objects. The refactor
>composes Flash objects rather than inherits them.
>I would like to merge it into develop now, but Alex has questioned
>whether we want to keep the refactor. It’s basically waiting for someone
>to do some profiling to see whether Alex’s concerns are an issue.

Actually, I proposed a workflow that I think eliminates the need for the
sprite-refactor.  Please find the "HTMLElementWrapper extending Sprite"
thread and add your thoughts.  I'm pretty sure this is a tool-chain issue
and the runtime code should not pay the price.

>I really hope we can just merge it in because we’ve done a LOT of work on

I also proposed how we would revert the wrapping and then merge all of the
other changes.  It won't be trivial, but it should preserve all the good

View raw message