flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: Jenkins still red
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 14:52:44 GMT

On 10/4/16, 3:22 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>

>as you seem to be responding to everything else I guess you missed my
>asking you to rollback your changes and move them to a feature branch.
>Are you going to revert
>
>b8d8c48b11f41ea435eefafc94eb0927229e8a4b
>
>It's ok that it "slipped out accidentally", but it's not ok to keep
>things broken for so long.

I received your email at 11:36pm.  I already had two other emails I needed
to respond to before going to bed.  As the lady on the phone says "your
email will be handled in the order it was received".  (Well, that's not
quite true as I do handle simple users@ replies out of order).   I kept
hoping you could give me a pointer to a file where the compiler jars are
called.  IMO, it is better to go forward than back.

That said, the changes I made should have been backward compatible.  I
thought the Maven build was using its own -config.xml files.  So maybe
there is just some simple mistake I made.

Today my top coding task is to fix the build.  Hopefully I won't have to
revert.  If needed I will dig harder into the plugin.  Probably time for
me to spend the time learning more about Maven than reverting code.

>Having a look at the change-set, this was quite a large commit and I will
>have to do a little digging into the problem to find out what you changed.
>

>Also writing a documentation that will help someone not really working
>with Maven to understand how to fix the problem will take some time. But
>I've heard writing core documentation is a task left to people feeling an
>itch and that time is better invested in producing features (Sorry ...
>couldn't resist ... but maybe it's worth mentioning as exactly this sort
>of single-point-of-failure seems to exist on a lot of the compiler from
>my point of view. I bet most people on the list haven't got a clue at
>what's happening in the compiler ad we don't have documentation for that
>either)

Right, no need for complex doc, just a pointer in a reply to an email.  I
think I often answer questions with pointers.

>Unfortunately I currently don't have that much time to do the fixing
>myself or write that documentation immediately and I would prefer a
>little discussion on what's changed and not having to reverse engineer
>mentioned commit.

The only thing that changed was that if you give COMPJSC and -output param
that is a SWC, it will stuff the JS files into the SWC.  If you give it a
folder, it should output the files into the folder as it did before.

Anyway, I'm off to work on it.
-Alex