flex-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Overlapping default styles
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 08:56:39 GMT
Hi Alex,

I made a change in a "feature/buttonbase-refactor"
is tiny, but could potentially break things.

This solves the problem, but I want to know your thinking about collateral
damages in other code or examples.

If you think is not what we need, I think I would go the route of extending
from UIBase and replicate Button and TextButton in my component set.

> On 10/18/16, 4:47 PM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
> <carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com>
> wrote:
> >I extended TextButton (ergo Button in the end), but I think carry all its
> >CSS is not what I expect...maybe I should not extend and replicate
> >functionality extending UIBase
> Well, maybe.  I thought it would be easier to defeat these settings.  In
> theory, if the mdl has CSS with these properties it would override the
> properties in the defaults.css.  We could create a TextButtonBase in the
> HTML.swc that you could extend and duplicate less code.
> >
> >I tried an empty defaults.css in my example project but nothing changes
> I guess that option does something different than I expected.  It sort of
> adds CSS files to the list, so there is no way to kick out some rules you
> don't want.  We could add a compiler option that really does reset all of
> the CSS in an app.
> -Alex

Carlos Rovira
Director General