flex-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] CSS (was Re: [FlexJS] Mobile Apps)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 23:35:49 GMT
> Hmm. Why not?  I thought this was a great long-term solution.  You can try
> different component sets merely by changing URIs.  That's better than
> changing the js: to mdi: in every file.  How else would you want to do it?
both are the same, implies make a multifile search/replace in all project.
while this is possible, I think is not what people could think as the best
For me this way is not solved by technology (FlexJS), and by tooling (your
text editor or IDE).
I think the right way would be change the css file by configuration.
And if you want to switch styles at runtime? Not possible in that scenario..

Does CSS have a way to do that?  If not, we can cook up something else. We
> have extended the type selector model.  We could make it possible to set
> the class in from a TypeSelector.
If something could be done in the compiler/language space, it would be
great, since it will
improve the technology. I think CSS does not has the ability, but I'm not a
guru in CSS and
I didn't find such way, for that reason I said I think is not possible

> >Yes, I think this is very much needed. I'm getting lots of headaches with
> >styles coming over and over again as I make progress in the MDL project.
> >So If you could implement that compiler flag to remove all CSS from
> >included libraries that would be awesome.
> I will look into it.
Thanks Alex, much appreciated.

> -Alex

Carlos Rovira