flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Issue with bindable class
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 06:43:07 GMT

On 9/29/16, 9:04 PM, "Greg Dove" <greg.dove@gmail.com> wrote:

>Please check with the GenericTests manual test after that change.
>
>I thought I saw that the return types of the methods or variable types
>were
>not affecting usedNames directly during output and it was only be picked
>up
>in the reflection data.
>
>If GenericTests works fine after your changes then I am very wrong!

I tried GenericTests.  It fails to find some classes because, in order to
reduce the likelihood of circularities (and reduce output size), the
FalconJX code doesn't include classes that are only referenced via a type
declaration instead of a concrete reference to the class.

I suppose we could offer an option to change the logic, but my thinking is
that, since JS isn't strongly typed in the runtime, it doesn't make sense
to drag in code just for a parameter or variable type.  Nothing will check
that code except for reflection-oriented things like this test and this
test could just make a concrete reference.

I'm done for tonight.  If you are already out on vacation and I don't hear
from you I'll probably just make concrete references in GenericTests and
commit everything.

Thoughts?
-Alex