flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Issue with bindable class
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 05:50:58 GMT

On 9/29/16, 9:38 PM, "Greg Dove" <greg.dove@gmail.com> wrote:

>If this does break reflection, then I can certainly accept that reflection
>is probably not mainstream enough to warrant keeping things as they were,
>but it would be nice to be able to keep more aggressive 'requires'
>here for reflection as an option, so long as remove circulars can handle
>whatever comes out. Have I understood the issue correctly?

IMO, we don't want the examples to require the -remove-circulars option
unless it uses a third-party library that has circularities.  IMO, folks
often try to compile our examples from the command line and don't add the
-remove-circulars option so they get an error and that isn't a good
first-time-user experience.

I can't think of any reason we can't have good reflection data though.
IMO, the reflection subsystem should use reflection in order to prevent
circularities.  The data in the reflection info uses strings of qualified
names instead of actual references to classes in order to break the
circularities.  The reflection code can convert those strings to actual
references on-demand.

View raw message