flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Variable Renaming (was Re: [Falcon] Proposal for new ActionScript language feature: Optionally rename an import)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:25:23 GMT

On 9/28/16, 11:19 AM, "Greg Dove" <greg.dove@gmail.com> wrote:

>I hadn't investigated any of this, just wondered about it I will check the
>reflection results today.
>I had actually assumed that @export and @expose explicitly prevented
>renaming, but also had not checked this.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

@export and @expose do prevent renaming.  But so does certain uses of
string literals, so some day, if we make an option that sweeps away all of
the @exports and @exposes, we want to know if the copies of the method and
property names in FLEXJS_REFLECTION_INFO would also prevent renaming.

No needed to investigate that until we get around to having a feature that
sweeps away @expose and @export, I just am hoping that
FLEXJS_REFLECTION_INFO is still seen as dead code to the Hello World app.

Thanks,
-Alex