flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Falcon] Proposal for new ActionScript language feature: Optionally rename an import
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:07:30 GMT

On 9/27/16, 9:19 AM, "Josh Tynjala" <joshtynjala@gmail.com> wrote:

>You are definitely correct that Flash Builder does not necessarily pick up
>code hinting from the same SDK that you're using to compile the project.
>However, as I understand it, FB integrates with the AIR SDK with ASC 2.0
>that is installed inside an Eclipse plugin at this location:
>Developers using FB 4.7 frequently replace it with new versions of the AIR
>SDK as they are released.
>I could be wrong. It could be that the code hinting integration in ASC 2.0
>was not yet used in FB 4.7, and it was intended for a future version that
>never came to be. I guess it'll need some testing, assuming that Adobe
>wants to implement this feature too.

IIRC, ASC2.0 is only used in ActionScript-only projects.  I believe that
if you want to use MXML, you will need to create a Flex project and then
ASC2.0 isn't used.  But even if ASC2.0 is used to compile
ActionScript-only projects, it isn't clear to me that the FB code-hinting
will handle errors related to the new proposed syntax.

View raw message