flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: [FlexJS] Starting with the Docs
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2016 05:15:41 GMT

On 9/10/16, 2:36 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>actually that's not quite true. We have the Wiki and the Website. The
>problem is that usually changing the website is far more work than to
>edit the wiki. The thing with the Maven Site generation however is that
>it automatically generates the entire Project documentation AND
>automatically updates the content in Subversion. All is prepared to start
>doing this, but I disabled the final upload of the generated site as we
>haven't discussed that yet and I didn't want to do it without. Even if
>linking to ASDoc on the Flex Buildserver works, the server isn't really
>great from a performance point of view. Having the documentation on the
>main Apache Webservers would definitely be nicer.
>Have you guys had a look at the links I provided? The cool thing with
>them is that they are absolutely standard and anyone will know where to
>look for what information. Every maven-based projects has the same.

I haven't looked closely myself because I don't have any objection to
using something different.  I'm slowly trying to build consensus to build
on not just what "technology" to use, but also how to use it.  I'm not
sure how to get comments on the website pages, so I'd be tempted to host
FlexJS doc elsewhere, like in a new repo for Tour de FlexJS.  Looks like
there are comment plugins for GH pages.   The wiki is just what we have
for now.  I don't expect we'll use it forever.

View raw message