flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Creating swc libs from source
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 17:11:49 GMT
Hopefully, there are two kinds of SWCs in FlexJS: framework SWCs and
application SWCs.

Building framework SWCs will almost always be the two-step process,
although the pattern we are using is a bit different now than what Josh
describes below.  Framework SWCs are likely to have different dependencies
such as dependencies on Flash vs browser APIS, and the code going into the
SWC may have different APIs based on those dependencies.  Everything in
the FlexJS SDK is a framework SWC.

I don't think anybody has tried it yet, but an application SWC is just a
reusable library of a subset of an application.  It should use the same
workflow as any other traditional Flex SWC.  For example, in Flash
Builder, you would create a Flex Library Project and produce a SWC.  Then
you would run the FlexJS COMPC tool to generate the JS files.  Then when
you build your application in FlexJS, the FlexJS compiler should be able
to find the JS files by checking the library path. If that doesn't work,
we should fix it.

Packaging up an application SWC for deployment is trickier and currently
requires setting things up like a framework SWC, but maybe someday the
FalconJX COMPC will learn how to inject JS into a SWC.

If PureMVC has no Flash dependencies, it is a candidate to be an
application SWC.