flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS - roadmap to 1.0 release
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 16:23:57 GMT
I think we are basically in agreement, but the priority and people
matters.  For example, we are having a debate about whether the SWF-side
code should wrap DisplayObjects or not.  That decision will affect
documentation and lots of other things.  Once we decide that, and prove
that you can do useful things as a result, then it makes more sense to
write it down, otherwise, we may end up writing documentation twice.

It also matters that when we introduce people to FlexJS with sound
documentation that the code actually does what it is supposed to do, and
the feature you want is there in both code and documentation.  Otherwise
people will get hello world up and running and quickly realize that some
feature they want isn't there.

Doing all of this takes time, and we need more active people.  This isn't
some corporate-driven thing where there is a team of engineers and a team
of doc writers paid to do all of these things.  Everyone who has written
on this thread that we need more documentation should feel responsible for
spending some of their time contributing documentation.  That's the Apache
Way.  Placing more work on the active committers isn't nearly as likely to
produce more as having more folks pitch in a little bit.

View raw message