flex-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Dove <greg.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Variable Renaming (was Re: [Falcon] Proposal for new ActionScript language feature: Optionally rename an import)
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 18:37:05 GMT
I read that link, it's very helpful. It seems that this is going to be a
challenge. I suggest you revert that as you suggested.

Josh discovered this originally for static accessors I think (the fact that
@export does not prevent renaming on statics and @expose was the only other
option that seemed to work). I 'rediscovered' it when I was working on
static bindables. Then it became obvious it also affected static variables
and methods when I tested for reflection.

The advice in that note is similar to what I think you were mentioning
elsewhere about string access.

"If you want a property not to be obfuscated, access it as
this['sample']instead of this.sample (you'll also need to fix all
references)." (instead of using @expose)

Go ahead and revert that change and I can see what (if anything) I can do
with the above when I'm back.