flex-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Tynjala <joshtynj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Creating swc libs from source
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 15:02:55 GMT
The last time I tried building a SWC for JS, it was a two-step process.

1) Use js/bin/compc or js/bin/asjscompc (depending on your needs) to
generate the JS files. Looking over my build script, I output the JS files
in a js/src directory so that they'd have the right directory structure to
just copy them into the SWC:

2) Use bin/compc to create the SWC from the same source code. You may need
to play around with the compiler arguments so that the
external-library-path and things are the same as when you generated the JS.
bin/compc is usually for generating a SWF for Flash Player, so it doesn't
necessarily include the same libraries by default. If you used asjscompc,
for instance, you'll definitely need to tell bin/compc to use
js/libs/js.swc. You also want to include the JS files that we put in
temp-js-bin in step 1:

- Josh