flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Apache FlexJS 0.7.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.7.0 Released
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 23:27:35 GMT

> Justin, regardless of the perceived tone of Alex's message, the content of
> it should not be dismissed. You always seem to raise new licensing issues
> at the last minute before a release

Here the issues were raised well before the RC was made so not really last minute. [1][2]

But it’s true I’m not full time or paid to work on this and so I can’t always review
/ find everything early. It historically true (for what ever reason) that all PMC members
tend to check releases late in the process. Alex had to ask several times for other PMC to
review the release after I had done so.

Perhaps the question we should be asking is why are other PMC members are not finding these
issues earlier as well? Part of that I would guess is I pay a little more attention to policy/license
issues and probably have more experience in knowing what to look for from my work on the incubator
PMC. But it is (for instance) slightly concerning that the MIT license issue wasn’t picked
up earlier by someone else.

If I hadn’t been reviewing it's likely (IMO) that this realise would of contained GPL licensed/
proprietary IP and would of had more license issues.

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/db1ec380d40d5685d50fe75430662a7e5c6cf985752f82acf4bec0d1@%3Cdev.flex.apache.org%3E
2. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/95ba7d9eb5a83cfa8411b933d00ba6fde4c8b982feecc823e7fdbdc4@%3Cdev.flex.apache.org%3E
View raw message