flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Current FlexJS license/notice issues
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2016 08:41:59 GMT

> For that matter, we did not even consume entire functions. The only thing I took from
there was the algorithms of some of the methods.

Which is enough, converting an algorithm from one language to another doesn’t change the
original copyright. Just reading someones other source code (rather than copying) it is sometimes
enough to infringe!

I’ve provided links to advice on this before (and can dig them up again) but here’s another
[1] - see Heri's last comment.

If there some doubt again I'd suggest we err on the side of caution and add the MIT license
to license. Again having a documentation issue is preferable to having a licensing error.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-142
View raw message