flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: FlexJS 0.7.0 - NPM installation issues
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 20:22:35 GMT
Aaaahh ... I think I just misunderstood you. I thought you added some changes to the compiler
defaults. Yes, we did clean up quite a bit there. But the changes I did should probably only
have an effect on Maven builds. So I guess we're on the safe side from the Maven point of
view.

Chris

________________________________
Von: Josh Tynjala <joshtynjala@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 22. August 2016 22:15:35
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: FlexJS 0.7.0 - NPM installation issues

Chris, I'm guessing you don't need to do anything because I think you and
Alex were working together on the various changes. However, I don't follow
the Maven stuff closely enough to know for sure.

Basically, instead of hard-coding certain compiler options in the
executable scripts in js/bin, they now specify a +configname option to tell
the compiler to load the default options from one of the *-config.xml files
in the frameworks directory.

Here is the relevant line of js/bin/asjsc in Apache FlexJS 0.6:

java $VMARGS $D32 $SETUP_SH_VMARGS -Dflexcompiler="$FALCON_HOME"
-Dflexlib="$FLEX_HOME/frameworks" -jar "$SCRIPT_HOME/../lib/mxmlc.jar"
+flexlib="$FLEX_HOME/frameworks" -js-output-type=jsc
-external-library-path="$SCRIPT_HOME/../libs/js.swc" "$@"

And js/bin/asjsc from the 0.7 nightly:

java $VMARGS $D32 $SETUP_SH_VMARGS -Dflexcompiler="$FALCON_HOME"
-Dflexlib="$FLEX_HOME/frameworks" -jar "$SCRIPT_HOME/../lib/mxmlc.jar"
+flexlib="$FLEX_HOME/frameworks" -js-output-type=jsc +configname=js "$@"

+configname=js tells the compiler to load frameworks/js-config.xml. The
external-library-path option that was hard-coded in js/bin/asjsc in 0.6 is
now specified in js-config.xml. I think there are some other options that
are different from the default flex-config.xml too.

asnodec, as another example, used to add both js.swc and node.swc to the
external-library-path in the executable script, but now it specifies
+configname=node, which loads frameworks/node-config.xml.

Ultimately, this will make maintenance of the NPM version easier because
any new compiler options will be picked up automatically in the
*-config.xml files. It also means that compiler options used by the Shell
scripts (Unix) or Batch files (Windows) won't get out of sync because
they're now specified in one place only.

- Josh

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de