flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Github place for non Apache Flex stuff?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 13:14:44 GMT

> @Justin ... if there is a project like "FlexORM" that is MIT licensed (even if the website
claims this and I couldn't find a single mention of this in the sources), could I simply add
a repo to flex-extras and even do releases of it?

Flex extra is free to do what ever it wants, go ahead and add it. Downstream consumers of
flex extras need to weight up the legal risks of using what is hosted there.

I think oddly enough the original FlexOrm is BSD licensed not MIT? [1] Both MIT na BSD are
compatible with Apache 2.0 iso not really an issue. But to know the full picture you need
to know all the contributors, their employment status and a lot of other things to know if
the code is unencumbered IP wise.

1. http://flexorm.riaforge.org
View raw message