flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] ElementWrapper.forwarder() Changes Target
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:45:48 GMT
IMO, the “right” way to fix this is by dispatching events from the flexjs_wrapper and implement
event bubbling up the FlexJS element chain.

Yishay did not mention them, but we were having a whole slew of problems related to events:

1. Event targets being lost (which he mentioned here)
2. Fixing that seems to mess up bubbling. (again)
3. clone() and cloneEvent() is a bit weird. You cannot dispatch cloneEvent() directly without
casting it first (because it’s the Flash EventDispatcher which does the dispatching) and
you cannot override clone() using a Flex event because it’s an incompatible override.
4. BrowserEvents vs. MouseEvent We were actually kind of confused by MouseEvent, because in
the Browser, only BrowserEvents seem to be used. What’s the point of MouseEvents?
5. EventDispatcher took a Flash event even though we really need a Flex event. See # 3.
6. EventDispatcher cannot take an IFlexEvent. This kind of defeats the point of have an IFlexEvent
in the first place.
7. BrowserEvent was missing localX and localY (maybe fixed)
8. I really think that MouseEvent should probably subclass event, but it can’t because it
subclasses Flash MouseEvent. It it wrapped the events, this problem would be solved.

To me, all this points to the fact that we should have a Flex event bus which would be completely
cross-platform and wrap browser and Flash events.