flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS XML string assignment
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 21:04:11 GMT
Yes. That would be better (only 1.5KB), but only in this case. Assigning a null value to a
string should not covert it into an empty string.

I was suggesting to have an option to not do any conversions.

Right now my code works without any string conversion at all. This is because of the “string-like”
functions I added to XML and XMLList, as well as explicit conversions in the beginning of
my function calls:

public function getParaStyle(styleName:String):ParagraphStyle{
styleName = styleName.toString();
//etc.
}

This ensures that unknown data (which I happen to know is never null) will be explicitly converted
to a string before I start comparing it to other XML objects.