flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] need help in creating reusable tabBar control
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 05:35:30 GMT
Hi Dhwani,

In MXML, you should be able to declare an array of strings as follows:
   data="['home','product','view','support','contact us']"

Regarding a TabBar component, I would expect it to subclass ButtonBar
instead of dynamically creating one as a child.  There is a
DataGridButtonBar component that subclasses ButtonBar for DataGrid
columns.  I would think you could copy that pattern and how it uses a
particular item renderer in src/main/resources/defaults.css and leverage
that for your TabBar.  In theory, if you create a ButtonBarItemRenderer
that looks like a Tab it should pretty much work.