flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS Image.source
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 05:36:11 GMT

On 8/8/16, 10:29 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>On 8/8/16, 10:19 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>It’s the view as well, and why? I’m missing something. It’s used for both
>>HTML and SWF.
>
>Looks like I thought it wasn't needed on the JS side.  Since it is baked
>into the JS Image (which is probably a bug) it gets compiled in anyway.

A thought did pop into my head.  At one point in time, I was thinking that
the JS versions would really be thinly wrapped HTMLElements and not have
separate models and views.  I don't remember when JS started having models
and views and why.  It might be so your application code can cross-compile
or for consistency with more complex components.  But really, I'm not the
value of having separate model and view on the JS side for things that
don't do much more than wrap an HTMLElement.

-Alex