flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS XML string assignment
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 19:09:31 GMT

Here’s a couple of examples:

f.leading = xml.Properties.Leading;
f.tracking = xml.@Tracking;

I have 492 some assignments like this scattered across my code. Adding toString() to every
one of these would add 5412 bytes to the final minified code. That’s not including non-XML
assignments to string variables (assuming there are).

That’s not huge, but 5.4KB is significant. It also adds an extra function call which makes
stepping through code a bit more painful.