flex-dev mailing list archives

From OK <p...@olafkrueger.net>
Subject Re: AW: [FlexJS] Integrate FontAwesome with FlexJS
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 06:27:13 GMT
>so FlexJS can load a font via @fontface

Until now I've just used fonts without thinking about where it comes from
So while trying to understand how it works I found this from an previous
post [1]:

"What we do support in FlexJS is CSS
@font-face for external font files. In the SWF version that will let you
rotate text and get better rendering, but the font has to be loaded so it
doesn't show up right away.  And you have to use the regular Flex SDK to
generate the font SWF to be loaded."

What does "you have to use the regular Flex SDK to generate the font SWF"

Coud we load the font doing it this way?:

@font-face {
  font-family: 'FontAwesome';
  src: url('path/to/the/local/font.otf');
  font-weight: normal;