flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Flash Builder borked
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 20:14:31 GMT
No

We got error reports where the procedure in tracking down the cause was far from intuitive.
I'm just pointing out that there is an enormous number of bad stuff in there and we should
at least start cleaning up in order to make tracking down problems easier.

But I have the impression that no-one is actually looking at the reports cause everyone thinks
his a real badass programmer. I regularly look at findings in my code in order to improve
my coding skills, but guess I'm one of the few that think that way.

Chris

-------- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht --------
Von: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Datum: 14.07.16 16:36 (GMT+01:00)
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Flash Builder borked

On 7/14/16, 1:36 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Oh gee ... the flex-compiler-oem is the module sonar is complaining about
>most with the badest words it can find ... I definitely hope it's not
>something wrong in there.

Flex-compiler-oem is mostly a hack to make Falcon look like MXMLC.  It
borrows lots of code from the flex-sdk, I don't think I wrote too much new
code.  You are welcome to clean up the code if this sort of thing bugs
you.  I'm just happy it mostly works so we can enable more folks to
contribute something.

FWIW, are you sure your frequent complaining about Sonar's results, which
insinuate that folks in this community are writing bad code when the
results are mostly about code we inherited, is inspiring people to
contribute or could it be causing people to shy away?

-Alex