flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [Falcon][ASJS] Activated the apache-rat-plugin (license checker)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:24:02 GMT
Hi Alex,

how should such a check look like? You want binary files to contain Apache headers? I think
that might be a bad idea. If you however would like a list of files with binary content. RAT
produces that in its report. This is located in "target/rat.txt" in every module.

Well how About both? The ASF Header and a big fat "DANGERZONE" Comment below that.

Von: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Juli 2016 15:41:11
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [Falcon][ASJS] Activated the apache-rat-plugin (license checker)

On 7/19/16, 2:58 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>I just added and activated the apache-rat-plugin to the maven build. This
>checks if all source files have the required Apache license headers
>included and breaks the build if they are missing. This did bring up a
>hand full of issues, but I sorted them out and all seems to be ok now.

Nice!  Can it be hooked up to check binary packages as well?

>One thing I should mention about the patch files. They are generated and
>didn't contain the license header. I added this and all is working
>nicely. But I think the code to create the patch files should also be
>adjusted to add the header or the next update of the patches will break
>the build.

This was brought up in the LAST CALL.  I proposed to add a "Generated by
Ant script" line to each .patch file and add the .patch files to the
exceptions list because I felt that adding the header would make these
files look like it was safe to modify them by hand.   That's how the Ant
build is currently set up.