flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] HTMLElementWrapper extending Sprite
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 18:43:12 GMT

On 7/27/16, 1:41 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>>> One idea is that, since developer code never instantiates an
>>>Application
>>> (only the framework does) that Application could be an interface.  The
>>> framework would instantiate the concrete class.
>>
>>Not sure how to go about this, but I’m not sure how bad it is for the
>>main app to subclass Sprite. I’ll leave this for someone else.
>
>If we don't fix this, the Application code-hinting will show all the Flash
>stuff.

Thinking about it more, Application can't be an interface since it is used
in MXML.  I will try to use [FactoryClass] and have the factory wrap
itself with Application.  I think right now that will add a "first-frame"
to the SWF which FlexJS doesn't have right now (but Flex does).  Anybody
think that's a bad idea?

-Alex