flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS Closure Compiler optimizations
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:00:47 GMT

On 7/19/16, 1:31 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was not getting any errors, but I was getting a lot of warnings.
>
>I eliminated virtually all the warnings in my code with the exception of
>two "WARNING - unreachable code” errors. Eliminating the first one causes
>a Falcon compiler error, and the second appears to be a bug in the
>Closure compiler.
>
>The remaining warnings I’m getting are the following ones. I have no idea
>why I’m getting them or how to eliminate them. I also don’t know whether
>this is causing my problems of the main app class not being defined.
>
>Jul 19, 2016 11:22:39 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager
>println
>WARNING: /Users/harbs/Documents/Apache Flex
>Dist/FlexJSNightly/js/lib/google/closure-library/closure/goog/array/array.
>js:619: WARNING - actual parameter 1 of goog.array.contains does not
>match formal parameter
>found   : (Array<T>|null)
>required: (IArrayLike<?>|null|string)
>  if (!goog.array.contains(arr, obj)) {
>                           ^

These look like compile time warnings.  If you still got a main app .js
file with minified code in it, then you can ignore these warnings.  I
noticed you are using a different version of Google Closure Library than I
am.  Sometimes we have to upgrade GCC to handle warnings like this.  I'll
add it to my list of things to try to remember to do.

If you have minified .js, then you want to run it in the browser and see
what kinds of exceptions are being thrown at runtime and reported in the
console.  Those are the errors that tend to block full initialization of
all of the symbols in the app.

HTH,
-Alex