flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: [Falcon][ASJS] Activated the apache-rat-plugin (license checker)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:56:28 GMT

On 7/19/16, 7:24 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>

>how should such a check look like? You want binary files to contain
>Apache headers? I think that might be a bad idea. If you however would
>like a list of files with binary content. RAT produces that in its
>report. This is located in "target/rat.txt" in every module.
>

>Well how About both? The ASF Header and a big fat "DANGERZONE" Comment
>below that.

The ApproveXXX.xml script simply creates a different set of exceptions for
Rat.  Certain binary files are excluded as well as some of the generated
files.  It just helps us catch unexpected things in the package, although
it probably won't catch everything.

No big deal if we don't do it.  I definitely wouldn't want to add source
headers to binaries.

Thanks,
-Alex