flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: [Falcon] What would be needed in order to release two tiny parts of Falcon?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 19:19:38 GMT

On 7/15/16, 11:38 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>

>In order to do a proper Maven release, there cannot be any SNAPSHOT
>dependencies in it. Currently we have these two snapshot versions in
>there. By releasing the artifacts in version 1.0.0 and leaving it this
>way, the road is clear to do a release of falcon. The other thing I would
>like to have done before triggering the release would be to detach the
>externs. I would like to have them in a separate repo for that.

I don't think there were any objections to getting a new repo for the
externs, so please ask Infra for it.  I'm still not sure it is worth the
cost of renaming the flex-asjs and flex-falcon repos.  If we do get a
separate repo for externs, would we want to have it be a separate release
(with LICENSE, NOTICE, README)?  The repo needs to have LICENSE and NOTICE
anyway.  We don't have to have it be a separate release, we bundle
flex-tlf with flex-sdk already.  And then, if we are going to do all of
that work for the externs, should you ask for a repo for these tiny parts
of Falcon and go through the hassle of LICENSE, NOTICE, README for them?

I'm really not sure where to draw the line.

Thoughts?
-Alex