flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: [Falcon] What would be needed in order to release two tiny parts of Falcon?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 18:31:33 GMT

On 7/15/16, 10:00 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Well all I want is these two binary artifacts released so they can be
>synced to maven-central. Then we could go down to one maven build per SDK
>fragment (compiler, type-definitions, framework + distribution). I would
>prefer a simple binary release build without the fuss of posting release
>Notifications as the libraries are use nothing to anyone.
>Would such a release be ok? if yes, what do I have to do to initiate it?

Is the advantage of releasing them early so that the pom.xml files that
reference them can use their final coordinates instead of SNAPSHOT or is
it something else?

AIUI, Apache projects only release source.  Release Managers release
binary artifacts and those artifacts are supposed to be the results of
building a source package.  Since all of the source involved is in one
repo, it seems like it could all go in one source release package.  It is
a bit of a stretch to have you release binary artifacts for unreleased
sources, but IMO, the timing should be close enough that it would be ok
with me.  I would hold off on publishing the binary artifacts until we are
about to cut a release candidate.  Of course, that means in future release
that the source package version number will not match the version of those
two artifacts, but that's ok with me too.

Which reminds me: the LAST CALL has been open for over two weeks.  Has
everyone done their thorough checking?  We don't want surprises when we
open the voting for the RC.


View raw message