flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS]ArrayCollection
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 05:14:34 GMT
Please don't copy in the regular Flex ArrayCollection.  IIRC it drags in a
whole ton of crap.

If you want sorting, maybe add sorting beads to ArrayList or a subclass of
ArrayList.  No need to bake sorting functionality into a particular
collection implementation.  We want loosely-coupled, pay-as-you-go
features where we can.

On 7/7/16, 1:45 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>It looks like there’s one place where I’m actually using ArrayCollection
>to do object sorting. I might need to work around this issue or bring in
>On Jul 6, 2016, at 5:10 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> On 7/6/16, 7:04 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I use ArrayCollection a lot in my Flex code. The Collection project in
>>> FlexJS does not have ArrayCollection, so there’s no way to just change
>>> package name in that code. Is ArrayList a drop-in for ArrayCollection?
>> org.apache.flex.collections.ArrayList is more like Spark/MX ArrayList.
>> ArrayCollection would have more functionality like filtering and proxy
>> access via [].
>> The MX/Spark port to FlexJS will have to reproduce the legacy
>> ArrayCollection.  It's been a while since I've worked on the port but
>> can look in the branch if you want.  It depends on what you used
>> ArrayCollection for.
>> -Alex

View raw message