flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS]Events
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 06:44:55 GMT

On 7/3/16, 10:56 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes. We’re using XHR. I don’t understand the advantage of using
>HTMLElementWrapper. I think all we need is a simple event dispatcher
>which extending the Flex EventDispatcher seems to do.

It's been a long time, so I don't have the reasons in my head, but I think
you will end up duplicating the code to instantiate the XHR.
HTMLElementWrapper extends EventDispatcher.

>As far as the events go, we’re handling the XHR events within the class
>and dispatching separate generic events. There should be something to
>commit today so you can see what I mean.
>
>I saw BinaryUploader. I have a feeling that a URLLoader class might be
>able to simplify both HTTPService and BinaryUploader. We can probably
>delegate all platform-dependent code to a single place.

Maybe, but we also don't want folks to pay for things they don't need.
So if a String-only HTTPService is lighter weight than one that drags in
XML and ByteArray, it might be best to continue to have a lightweight
String-only HTTPService.  Did you consider subclassing HTTPService to add
handling of binary?

>Why does HTTPService implement IStrand and IBead? Is that for data
>binding?

IIRC, it is done so the LazyCollection can be wired up to HTTPService
without additional code.

-Alex