flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS]Events
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 14:52:29 GMT

On 7/3/16, 7:21 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>The first “flex” was a typo and it should have been “flash”.

I'm not seeing that in the code.  Can you be more specific about which
lines are doing this?

>I’m not sure my question made sense, but I do have a related question:
>Why this?
>	public class HTTPServiceBase extends EventDispatcher
>	{
>    }
>    public class HTTPServiceBase extends HTMLElementWrapper
>    {
>    }
>Why is the JS side not extending EventDispatcher as well?

IMO, some code somewhere as to abstract the platform differences and do it
as thinly as possible for performance reasons, so the inheritance chain
for classes don't have to be the same, the API surface they present does.
I think there will be more emphasis on Interfaces like IEventDispatcher
instead of base classes like EventDispatcher in FlexJS.  It should keep us
from wasting code trying to make everything look the same under the covers
and prevent huge chains of class dependencies that make it hard to have
separation of concerns and small applications.

Or maybe I'm not understanding your question...

View raw message