flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject FlexJS Application
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2016 09:21:31 GMT
Right now a FlexJS Application is always being attached to the <body> tag and the width/size
etc. is assumed to be the whole browser window.

This is problematic. There’s plenty of applications where the app is a specific part of
a web page with a header, footer, navigation, etc.

Now, before someone tells me we can just always embed an application in an iframe, let me
tell you that it’s not always an option. The biggest stumbling block is a major bug in iOS
where the virtual keyboard is not available to apps within iframes. This caused me to give
iOS special handling of an HTML app I wrote to use a div instead of an iframe.

I think we should add a “hostID” property to Application which Application would use to
find the div it attaches itself to at startup. There should also be x,y,width,height and alpha
properties on Application to get this info on the div. In fact, I think an Application should
be an IUIBase.

I’ll be happy to make these changes, but I wanted to discuss this before I do.

View raw message