flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS]Events
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 16:36:56 GMT
Let me explain a bit better why I’m asking.

Yishay and I are working on a URLLoader class which will behave similar to the Flash URLLoader
class. Is there any reason not to make both the Flash and JS version extend EventDispatcher?
From what I can see, the flex EventDispatcher on the JS side extends goog.events.EventTarget.
Is there a concern with using that instead of HTMLElementWrapper (which as I understand it
uses native DOM elements to dispatch events)?

On Jul 3, 2016, at 5:52 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>> I’m not sure my question made sense, but I do have a related question:
>> Why this?
>> 	public class HTTPServiceBase extends EventDispatcher
>> 	{
>>   }
>>   public class HTTPServiceBase extends HTMLElementWrapper
>>   {
>>   }
>> Why is the JS side not extending EventDispatcher as well?
> IMO, some code somewhere as to abstract the platform differences and do it
> as thinly as possible for performance reasons, so the inheritance chain
> for classes don't have to be the same, the API surface they present does.
> I think there will be more emphasis on Interfaces like IEventDispatcher
> instead of base classes like EventDispatcher in FlexJS.  It should keep us
> from wasting code trying to make everything look the same under the covers
> and prevent huge chains of class dependencies that make it hard to have
> separation of concerns and small applications.
> Or maybe I'm not understanding your question...
> -Alex

View raw message