flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: TextInput
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 18:15:27 GMT

On 6/15/16, 11:03 AM, "Anton Bondarenko" <divlaine@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hey guys!
>I have a question on Apache Flex. The problem is next. Simple
>spark.componentes.TextInput didnt understand utf letters. I mean that i
>enter only numbers and english letters from softkeyboard. but from other
>languages i cant, for example russian letters. there are no restrictions.
>letters pressed but textinput is empty.
>I found that there are a problem with utf letters but i cant fix it.
>what u think about it?

I'm not quite clear:  Did the Russian letters show up on the soft keyboard
or not?  If they showed up on the soft keyboard but not in the TextInput,
the first thing to check would be the font used for the TextInput.  You
could also run tests on the length of the string or the charCodes of each
character in the string.  Or do other tests with the APIs here [1].  But
if the font doesn't have the glyphs for the Russian letters then it won't
be displayed.

View raw message