flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Hello World
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 23:14:55 GMT
The image didn't come through for me.  Please post a link to the image instead.

Thanks,
-Alex

From: Tom Dowdell <tomcat.dowdell@gmail.com<mailto:tomcat.dowdell@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 2:52 PM
To: "dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>" <dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: [FlexJS] Hello World

Hi,

It's my first day using Builder, Flex and FlexJS -- I have zero experience with Adobe development.
Following the great instructions here (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Using+FlexJS+with+Adobe+Flash+Builder)
I was able to get "Hello World" running pretty quickly but am confused by two things:

- When I launch the html in a browser it uses the flash plug-in. I saw this in the html...not
sure if related:
"SWFObject's dynamic embed method replaces this alternative HTML content with Flash content
when enough
             JavaScript and Flash plug-in support is available. The div is initially hidden
so that it doesn't show
             when JavaScript is disabled."

- Check out the error in the console window. Not sure what to do about it.

Any clarity you can provide would be appreciated.

[Inline image 1]

Thanks,

Tom