flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS]Layout
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 04:46:32 GMT

On 6/5/16, 11:26 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>How is layout handled in FlexJS? Is there a layout manager? It looks like
>there’s no constraints (i.e. top, bottom,left and right). Is that
>something that’s particularly difficult to add?

Layouts are beads.  We have a HorizontalLayout and VerticalLayout and a
few special case layouts: OneFlexibleChildHorizonalLayout.  See:

There is no LayoutManager (at least, right now).  The regular Flex
LayoutManager actually manages invalidation/validation which FlexJS does
not have because the browsers often immediately update the screen.

There is no ConstraintLayout.  CSS should work, so setting
style="left:0px" should pin it to the left side.  There is no equivalent
to the regular Flex ConstraintLayout.  Volunteers are welcome to build it,
but I'm not sure it was the greatest solution.   Other constraint layouts
can and should be built by volunteers some day.  And don't forget "data
binding".  Hopefully FlexJS data binding is simpler and faster in certain
cases so it won't kill performance as much to use data binding to get your
UI widgets to line up and move together.

View raw message