flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Open declaration on FlexJS classes not navigating
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2016 13:39:55 GMT

On 6/4/16, 10:42 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>On 6/4/16, 4:41 PM, "jude" <flexcapacitor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Also, what are your thoughts on adding top, left, bottom, right, vertical
>>center or horizontal center? I was looking into adding those to UIBase.
>
>Not sure.  Would we add all other CSS style properties as regular
>properties?  I think that would bloat the class sizes.  We did already do
>that for width/height, but I'd rather not keep adding more.  It gets
>really tricky for FlexJS since we want to support all valid CSS values for
>those properties, not just Numbers.  We'll see how much demand there is
>for it.  Also, some other component set can have LTRB properties, no need
>to force it on everyone.

It occurs to me that I should probably mention how styles are currently
set in FlexJS.  Right now there is a "style" property and a couple of ways
to set it:

1) HTML style syntax, such as:  style="left:10px;right:10px"
2) Subobject, such as:
	<js:style>
	  <js:SimpleCSSStyles left="10px" right="20px" />
	</js:style>

The latter allows for code intelligence and doesn't require string parsing
at runtime.  One could specify other sub objects with fewer or more CSS
style properties including non-standard properties in case memory and
performance becomes an issue.

As you think about how the SWF-side emulation will eventually have to deal
with other CSS units like "em" and "in", hopefully it is easier to see why
it is different from the straight "Number = Pixel" we used in regular Flex.

-Alex