flex-dev mailing list archives

From Fr├ęderic Cox <coxfrede...@gmail.com>
Subject iOS mobile keyboard TLF support
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 12:56:03 GMT
Hi,

I am currently working on a project where I have a TLFEditor to put a
textarea's text in bold/italic/underline, change font size/color etc..

It works fine on desktop but not on mobile.

Option 1 is to use skinClass = spark.skins.spark.TextAreaSkin but then the
keyboard on iOS does not show.

Option 2 is to use the default mobile skin but then TLF is not supported.

It is a product description component in which the user only needs to add a
small amount of text so the performance overhead for TLF is not an issue
here. Just need to find a way to open the keyboard so the keyboard input is
accepted. Does anyone have a solution or workaround?

I've spent almost 6 hours on this issue alone today .. I know
requestSoftKeyboard() is not available on iOS and I've also tried setting
stage.focus = textDisplay but nothing works on the device.

Any help/workarounds are greatly appreciated!