flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: [Falcon] Failing test in TestGoogEmitter
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 16:41:28 GMT

Lol ... ok ... that solved my problem :-)

I just re-checked my build and I excluded all of the tests that had these dependencies to
externs in the pom.xml of the falcon-jx project. I noticed that it contained a :
And the class is now named TestGoogEmitter (with a double "t"). So I updated my exclusion
and the build wen't back to green. This was also the reason for the TestFlexJSEmitter integration-test
failing . I updated the test-config in the pom.xml now the build should be back again. I also
activated the automatic building of the maven build on the flex build server, so problems
should appear in closer proximity to a change that causes them.

Von: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Mai 2016 18:05:37
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: [Falcon] Failing test in TestGoogEmitter

On 5/6/16, 8:13 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hmmm ... could the Testcase be changed to  be self sufficient? The
>problem is that this would create the following chain of dependencies:
>Falcon-JX --> Extern GCL --> Falcon
>The problem with this is that Flacon and FalconJS are in the compiler
>"domain" and the externs in the "extern" domain and we get a cycle
>"compiler" --> "extern" --> "compiler". So we get a domain-cycle, which
>is rather undesirable. If however the  base class was provided as part of
>the test, this would eliminate this cycle of domains, make the test a
>true unit-test, cause this way this test is more an integration-test.

Well, the quickest answer is just to @ignore that one test.  The goog
tests were primarily to support the VJ2FS attempt.  Some of the code paths
exercised are still used by FalconJX for FlexJS, but a lot of them have
been superseded/overridden by FlexJS tests.  I'm kind of surprised you
haven't hit more of them.

In the Ant build, we created separate targets for integration vs unit
tests, so yes, that one test could be moved to the integration target and
not run at unit-test time.  I noticed the Ant build compiles compiler-jx,
then extern.swcs, then runs the compiler-jx-tests.  I will see if what
tests need to be moved if extern.swcs get built after the
compiler-ix-tests run.

View raw message