flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: [FLEXJS] Problem compiling Core extern
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 19:06:55 GMT

Ok so now I started commenting out stuff that was causing problems, hoping to solve the problems
in paralell. In order to compile Binding, I had to comment out
Line 258 and 259 of WatcherBase, because I was getting:

/Users/christoferdutz/Projects/Apache/Flex/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Binding/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/binding/WatcherBase.as:258
Error: Access of possibly undefined property errorID through a reference with static type
Error.
                    if (allowedErrors.indexOf(error.errorID) == -1)

Continuing with Graphics now ...

Chris
Von: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. Mai 2016 00:08:55
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: [FLEXJS] Problem compiling Core extern

On 5/2/16, 12:29 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>I just had a look at the project, but I don't quite understand the
>reasoning behind the "CoreClasses" class. In SWF files I know only the
>classes transitively referenced by the main class are included, but for
>SWCs I always thought all classes were compiled as you never know which
>classes are needed.

That's mostly true, but there are exceptions.  In some cases a file may be
included in other files and thus not actually a class, in FlexJS, some
classes are only needed on one platform or the other.

>But even if it would work that way, why does the CSSTextFied have AS and
>JS blocks, if the class is only included in AS ... I have to admit,
>that's a little confusing :-(

Not sure why it has a JS block.  We've played with different ways of
dealing with platform-specific code.

-Alex