flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: [FLEXJS] Problem compiling Core extern
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 18:53:30 GMT

It would really be good if we could get together at ApacheCon US and sort out the compilation
problems. To me the current state of the FlexJS / Extern / Framework feels more and more like
something MacGyver banged together. Hacks and patches and overrides all over the place ...
I am trying to destil a default design pattern, but it seems impossible as there seem to be
hacks and exceptions all over the place.

Problems I'm currently having:
- I seem to be unable to get around the problem of the missing TextField class when compiling
the JavaScript
/Users/christoferdutz/Projects/Apache/Flex/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/CSSTextField.as:160
The definition of base class TextField was not found.
        public class CSSTextField extends TextField

- If I skip the JavaScript generation I have to comment out line 70 of ApplicationBase as
this seems to produce this error:
/Users/christoferdutz/Projects/Apache/Flex/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/ApplicationBase.as:70
Error: Call to a possibly undefined method info through a reference with static type Class.
                _info = c.info();

- If I skip the SWC compilation and want to continue with the Extern compilation I get the
same problem as with the JavaScript compilation as the TextField is missing too.

- I can't detect if a module produces just an extern-swc, just an swc, a swc containing JavaScript
or a mixture of this. Currently this logic is hard-coded in the build scripts, but I would
like to make the builds simpler. What could help me detect what to build? The only thing I
can automate is the generation of ActionScript code from JavaScript via externc (here you
have to provide which files to include/exclude. If the number of files is empty the plugin
does nothing)

- Config options that could be made in the config-xml files are added as arguments to the
compiler. As we don't have a xml schema for the config files it's really hard to find out
where to put stuff.

I was planning on talking about the new FlexJS compilation with Maven at ApacheCon, but it
feels like I will have to fallback to the old talk about Flexmojos, but even with this I am
in great doubt that it would actually still work. So it will be a theoretical talk about something
that might come, but what I can talk about won't shed a good light on the project :-(

So I hope that at least my IoT + BlazeDS + Flex Talk will be cool :-(

Chris