flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: [DISCUSS] Handling of namespaces and xml
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 16:32:10 GMT

On 5/18/16, 1:58 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>I just had a look at the content of the catalog.xml and I agree actually
>the information should be available automatically without packing
>anything in the SWC.
>How much work would it be to make the compiler use this? I am currently
>working on the compilation of the examples using Maven and I manually had
>to add a manifest.xml file listing all components that were referenced by
>MXML files in the examples.
>
>I guess that there is currently none here that would probably be wanting
>to change the compiler to support this, so as a workaround I'll implement
>something that generates manifests on the fly by inspecting the
>classpath. But I'll make it super-easy to remove.

I looked into this a bit more, and it appears that the compiler already
uses catalog.xml and the -manifest.xml files are not needed when building
apps, only when making the SWC.  Can you verify this on your end?  I
removed all the <namespace> tags from a flex-config.xml and compiled the
FlexJSStore example and it worked.  I definitely see code in Falcon that
reads the catalog.xml as well.  Maybe some IDE is counting on the
manifest.xml files, but it sure looks to me right now that a Maven build
shouldn't need <namespace> tags.

I did see that <namespace> tags are supported by MXMLC as well as COMPC,
so I'm still puzzling over why that is.  Maybe it is so you can add other
classes to the MXML mapping that the original SWC developer did not do.

So maybe this is already done.  Let me know what you find out.

-Alex