flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: [FLEXJS] Problem compiling Core extern
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 22:08:55 GMT

On 5/2/16, 12:29 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>I just had a look at the project, but I don't quite understand the
>reasoning behind the "CoreClasses" class. In SWF files I know only the
>classes transitively referenced by the main class are included, but for
>SWCs I always thought all classes were compiled as you never know which
>classes are needed.

That's mostly true, but there are exceptions.  In some cases a file may be
included in other files and thus not actually a class, in FlexJS, some
classes are only needed on one platform or the other.

>But even if it would work that way, why does the CSSTextFied have AS and
>JS blocks, if the class is only included in AS ... I have to admit,
>that's a little confusing :-(

Not sure why it has a JS block.  We've played with different ways of
dealing with platform-specific code.

-Alex